Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why Does Karl Rove Get To Keep On Writing Columns?

Photo "borrowed" shamelessly from Down With Tyranny
One of my favorite movie songs of all time is "The End Of An Act," from the Team America: World Police soundtrack, better known as the "Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you" song. The song poses the musical question, "Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?" I feel the same way about the WSJ continuing to publish columns by one of the most discredited political figures of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, one Karl "Turd Blossom" Rove (obviously, Richard Cohen also falls into this category, but I'm gonna leave him alone today...I think).

In honor of Karl's latest counter-factual masterpiece, I've reworked the lyrics to "The End Of An Act."

I miss you more than Karl Rove missed the mark,
When he wrote about health care.
I miss you more than that column missed the point,
And that’s an awful lot girl.
And now, now you've gone away,
And all I'm trying to say,
Is Rove's column sucks, and I miss you.

I need you like Scooter Libby needed prison time,
For his role in selling Plame out.
I need you like Monica Goodling needed an ethics course,
When she was working for Alberto.
And now all I can think about is your smile,
And that shitty column too,
Rove's column sucks, and I miss you.

Why does Karl Rove get to keep on writing columns?
I guess Rove's column sucks
Just a little bit more than I miss you.